Learn to play the guitar on the FIRST SESSION !!! and be inspired to get better.
Welcome to the world of music !!! My name is Mark.
If you subscribe to my guitar lessons, I personally guarantee you will enjoy learning and play the guitar as early as DAY ONE !!!
The best way to learn the guitar is through 1 on 1 home tutorials with an experienced Mentor. Why? Because 1on1 teaching guarantees instant feedback, undivided focus, and fast learning !!! And what better environment in terms of comfort than home? Plus, you can’t beat the convenience of a private home guitar instructor !!!
Unlike other guitar music instructors that will kill your musical interest by boring you to death by their note reading theory and student-teacher style of learning, I teach the perfect balance between musical discipline, playing by ear, theory and quality performance that is practical, sound and enjoyable all throughout the whole process. In the end, you will discover the hidden potential in you that WILL INCREASE YOUR CONFIDENCE AND CHANGE THE WAY YOU SEE AND LISTEN TO MUSIC.
Yes, there are people who have a born talent with music just like me. I learn to play the piano when I was 7 years old, the guitar by 8. I was schooled at Yamaha school of music by my parents when they saw my potential. I KNOW IN MY HEART THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG ABOUT THE WAY GUITAR/PIANO INSTRUCTORS TEACHING METHODOLOGY( by the way, this is not only confined in Yamaha but also some other so called home service guitar lesson instructors). They kill any musical interest by their boring methods. I’m lucky to be gifted with music and have a supportive parents, otherwise I would have give up and miss out all the beautiful things music can offer.
If you think you (or your kids) are not born with a musical talent but express an interest learning to play a guitar, THAT’S ALL IT TAKES ON YOUR PART!!! True musical genius are made !!! ALL YOU NEED IS A MENTOR JUST LIKE ME TO GUIDE YOU ON HOW TO LEARN TO PLAY A GUITAR IN A WAY MUSIC IS MEANT TO BE LEARNED.
I owe my talent to my MOM which I learn the best way to learn music. MY METHOD OF TEACHING HAS HELPED COUNTLESS STUDENTS NOT ONLY TO EXCEL IN MUSIC AND BE A PERFORMER, BUT ALSO HELP THEM GAIN CONFIDENCE THAT GIVE THEM AN EDGE TO OTHER ASPECTS OF THEIR LIVES !!! (and having a lot of fun in the process)
Already know how to play a guitar??? I consider myself more of a music MENTOR rather than an Instructor: There is a very huge difference !!! An Instructor will show you various chords, gave you the name of the chords, and allow you to play it. And then see you tomorrow !!! They don’t bother giving a reason behind a principle and why is it important. A MENTOR will teach you how to play guitar AND STAND BEHIND YOU GAVE YOU ADVICE AND ENCOURAGE YOU AND GAVE YOU FEEDBACK OBJECTIVELY, COACH YOU AND SHOW YOU THE RIGHT WAY OF DOING IT AND WHY? AT THE SAME TIME HAVING A PASSION OF MAKING YOU A BETTER MUSICIAN AND IN TURN, HAVE A BETTER MUSICAL OUTLOOK.
I live and breathe music, and I want you to experience music like I do.
***Here are my well structured, balanced, tested and sound module broken down to 6 sessions. Each session runs for 2 hours at a time.***
"Beginner Guitar Lesson" Module
Session 1 - You'll learn parts of a guitar and how each parts functions, Guitar playing posture that displays confidence and its physical benefits on guitar playing performance, how to hold a pick, Learn to tune your guitar by ear, how to use a tuner. During their first session, students would be introduced to the basic chords and strumming. THEY WILL ALSO LEARN THEIR FIRST SONG AND WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY IT !!!
Session 2 - Basic chords variations and applications, introduction to chord charts, Tips and exercises on strengthening the left fingers, how to use the body to be in tempo. Principles on why is tempo as important as the tone, how to easily name all the notes on the fretboard and why do you need to learn it? Displaying confidence. Student will learn a more challenging song of a different genre.
Session 3 - Playing by ear, Left and right hand coordination, Introduction to chord patterns and riffs. Alternate picking, Bass note picking and why it enhance guitar playing, Introduction to basic plucking patterns. An exercise will be provided to the student to practice on until the next lesson.
Session 4 - Introduction to broken chords and why learn it? Emphasis on the use of the right hand and why the right hand is as important as the left in playing guitar. Introduction to palm muting and proper breaks on both hands. A sample song will be learned for the student to work on.
Session 5 - Continuation on riffs, and power chords, improvisation, dynamics and why is it important ? Introduction to tablature and note reading and why bother learning it? Another song will be learned to apply this knowledge.
Session 6 - Alternate tuning and using CAPO and why is it important, Introduction to scales. Basics on songwriting. Being creative. At the last session, students will learn how to be independent and grow to create the style of his own. At this point he will be considered a musician.
In terms of value and Quality learning to Price ratio within Makati and metro manila, I have the most competitive rate.
Instructor Rate: 250 pesos/hour (home service premium is included) FARE public transportation rate from Makati AVE to your address and back.
The whole Beginner Guitar course (Module) is broken down to the following:
1 module = 6 sessions
1 session = 2 hours
Total package cost = ( 250 pesos/hrx2hr/session )6 session = 3,000 pesos* Actual Public Transpo expense (see policy below)
* Great value, because others charge twice that plus premium, plus ridiculously high fixed transpo fee and they will teach just half of what I’m teaching.
Policy and Agreement
* Payment after every session policy is applied to protect the interest of the student and the instructor
* First come first serve basis will be applied for session scheduling.
* A minimum of 6 hour notice is applied just in case a student needs to reschedule the home appointment, The agreed Transportation fee will be billed to the student if he fails to give early notice. collection of the said fee will take place on the next session.
* Transportation fare charge is computed as the fare cost from makati avenue to your address and back.
* The 500 pesos per 2 hour session does not include Transportation fare charge
* To motivate the student to finish the prescribed module just in case he is planning to opt out, he should pay 50% of the remaining sessions on the module if he quits at any given time.
* A receipt signed by the instructor and the student will be given after each session.
* A copy of this agreement will be given and signed by the student and will be given upon subscription.
* A status report after every session will be given to aid students in their AFI’s (Areas for Improvement)
* Free learning materials will be handled after each session.
* Student has to have his own guitar, music notebook and a pencil. (metronome, tuners and recorder are optional but if the student has it it will further speed up learning)
* Student has to be at least 8 years old and above (or his/her hands should be big enough to grasp the guitar neck)