Asia America Initiative , Inc., a non-government and non-profit organization dedicated to building peace through education, health and livelihood in Jolo, sulu and other areas of Mindanao, is in need of FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE assistant.
[ For Immediate Hiring, Deadline: April 22, 2008. Submit your RESUME through email email@example.com. Please call 63 2 816 2613 for inquiries ]
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Provides administrative support for the Director if in the country, Philippines Officer-in-Charge and generally the AAI Philippine Office related to daily and long term schedule ensuring appropriate arrangements made for travel, accommodation and events.
- Also provides support for logistics, research, resource mobilization, public relations, marketing and others specified by Washington and Philippine Office.
- Must open the office each day at 9 a.m.
- Prepares/Compiles needed statistical data, written reports and presentations needed by the organization.
- Bookkeeping (using Quickbooks
Software wherein training will be provided by AAI) and other obligations like keeping timesheets - recording employees¼ leaves and absences, organizing receipts/accounts payable in coordination with OIC and data entry on office equipment/facilities, getting quotations on things needed to be purchased by the office, determining office supplies/requirements on a monthly basis, organizing monthly mailing of financial documents to main office, assisting OIC with monthly office expenses and check requests, bank transactions, bill payments and renewal of documents.
- Monitors/Facilitates submission of requirements and remittances to government agencies (SSS, Philhealth, Pagibig and BIR).
- Assists the Director, OIC and staff with liquidation from events, trips and other AAI activities.
- Properly sets up and maintains requests, data_base_s, files, resources and general information (Ensuring that all correspondence and documents are correctly typed, prepared and updates OIC with all necessary information in a timely manner).
- Drafts correspondence, memos, replies and other documents for less complex issues (Ensures outgoing mail or external transactions are delivered and prepared on time with proper labels).
- Ensures that instructions given are passed on to corresponding organizations or staff for proper actions and monitors status of replies.
- Provides efficient services by screening incoming telephone calls and taking accurate messages.
- Provides assistance in writing proposals, campaigns and AAI official press releases.
- Helps update and maintain office calendar to include Field Office Holidays and other activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required by the Director and Philippines
- College Graduate in Accountancy (preferably not a Certified Public Accountant) and Business related courses (with accounting subjects).
- Should be able to perform a variety of administrative support functions under minimal supervision.
- Two to three years of professional experience.
- Having an accounting background is an advantage.
- Has outstanding verbal and writing skills (should be fluent in English).
- General PC Proficiency and strong skills in MS Word, MS Office, EXCEL and Powerpoint, along with experience composing a number of types of professional documents.
- Analytical thinking is an important asset, as they are often required to prioritize their own work.
- Should be very keen and creative (be able to organize and prioritize to make sure deadlines are met). Be familiar with shipping, receiving and inventory control.
- Manages obstacles to getting work done.
- Able to share useful information and new knowledge to make work more effective.
- Must have flexible hours.
- Ability to multi-task and work well with others.
- Knowledge or background in peace-building and issues in Mindanao is also an advant